Online users can be very meticulous when it comes to website they use and support most especially if it involves buying products or services. It is important to convince users especially your target audience that your website is trustworthy as well as your company. In this post, we will discuss some guidelines to make your website look professional and trustworthy. This way, you will be able to gain more traffic that is convertible to sales.
- Use your official logo – to create your own brand and for people to notice you, it is best to have official logo. You should put this official logo on your website to easily identify your site with your business.
- Have an SSL certificate – seeing the “https” in the address bar somewhat assures the users that their information is safe on the website. Thus, it is highly recommended to get an SSL certificate to protect your customers’ information and to make your website professional and secured.
- Your homepage should be clutter-free but striking – your homepage is your first chance to invite users to check out other pages on your site and what you offer. You should make this page easy to look at without long paragraphs and messy graphics. You only have a few seconds to attract the attention of visitors so you should come up with compelling message and inviting CTA button.
- Publish your company’s contact details – users want to know that your company is real and not just a website that is published to earn traffic. Thus, you should publish under Contact Us page your company’s contact details like phone number, office address and email address. It is advisable to avail email hosting service to have a professional business email address the same as your domain name. This looks more professional compared to using free email service.
- Have a Live Chat support – it is also good if you have a Live Chat support system that can assist your visitors while they are on your website. This is especially advisable for e-commerce site.
- Link to your company’s official social media accounts – another important factor to include on your website is the link to your social media accounts. Users tend to check out the company’s official social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter or YouTube so they know that the business is legit.
- Reply to queries – it is essential to reply to queries from your visitors whether via email, chat or phone call. Ignoring their emails or chats will make them suspicious if there are indeed real people behind the website.
- Regularly update with fresh content – it is also best to publish new content at least once or twice a week. People want to see updated news or announcements to check if the site is active and up-to-date.
- Avoid pop-up ads – lastly, do not irritate your visitors with pop-up ads. If you want to sell them something, do it with a Call-to-Action button rather than annoying pop-ups. Most of the times, users directly close the browser when they see pop-up ads while navigating the site.
These are some tips that you should follow to earn trust of visitors and eventually turn them to loyal followers.