WordPress is an open area of expertise within web developers. WordPress can be very simple to work with, but it can also be very complicated. Its free,easy customizable and have a great support by community. Today, we have compiled an ultimate list of wordpress tutorials which helpful for professional and beginners wordpress developers even some of handy tips and tricks.
1. WordPress Shortcode Tutorial
This tutorial is about the process of building, installing, and using a shortcode in your WordPress blog
2. How to Display WordPress Sidebar on Other (Non WP) Sites
This technique is really useful for any PHP application, especially when you want to display dynamic content without having to sacrifice performance.
3. Build a Basic Newspaper style layout with WordPress and jQuery
This tutorial assumes that you have a wordpress engine running on a server that you have access to upload files, download files and browse to.
4. How to Create a WordPress Theme from Scratch
This part making a simple but functioning theme from a standard HTML & CSS template, and the second part will look at adding more of the advanced features.
5. Introduction to Custom Hooks and Pluggable Functions
This is a tutorial on how to create your own action and filter points, as well as a brief introduction into the concept of pluggable functions, how to use them and when to use which techniques.
6. How to Redirect Users to a Random Post in WordPress
One of the new features that we added in our new design is this feature called “Explore” that you see prominent throughout our entire network.
7. How To Create A WordPress Author’s Page Template
Author templates help present more information about writers and make it easier for visitors to find other articles the author have written.
8. Bringing the Membership Process to the Front of Your Site
In this tutorial you will learn that how to create a custom registration form on the front of your site as well as a custom profile form.
9. How to Make a Unique Header for WordPress
If you use WordPress to manage your website, you likely started with a theme that needs to be modified. It’s easy enough to use the built-in tools in WordPress to modify CSS and sidebars, but arguably the most important identifier for your site is the header.
10. How to Limit Access by IP to Your wp-login.php file in WordPress
Shortly after pushing that article, we started seeing an influx in attacks on our site. We had 39 lockouts from various IP addresses in a matter of few hours.
11. Create a Custom Login Page for your WordPress Theme
Create a new file and name it “page-login.php” and add this code to the top of it, this identifies it to WordPress as a page template :
12. Create A WordPress Global Options Page
So here is a tutorial which creates a new page in your WordPress admin and on that page you can save your custom global options.
13. Creating Custom Options Pages in WordPress
This tutorial is very useful for WP developer. With the help of this tutorial you can create your own custom option pages in WordPress.
14. How to Create Your Own WordPress Functionality Plugin
We’re going to create a very simple, very specific functionality plugin that you can (hopefully) use to replace your theme’s
functions.php file. After all, the poor guy deserves a break, doesn’t he?
15. Custom Tweet Button for WordPress
Making your own custom Tweet Button for WordPress has several additional advantages over using Twitter’s own offerings.
16. Convert Your WordPress Theme to HTML5
In this tutorial we will concentrate on converting our wordpress theme from XHTML to HTML5. We will go step by step, learning the changes through the files listed below (these files are present in your theme folder, i.e. wp-content/themes/yourtheme/here!).
17. Create a Photo Album Gallery in WordPress without a Plugin
In this article, we will show you how to create a monthly photo album gallery in WordPress without a plugin.
Did you find any of these tutorials helpful? Let us know if you have any links to other great WordPress guides that you’d like to share!