In the world where everything moves with pace, the users expect everything to be fast. Whether it is a vehicle or a website. Time is of the greatest value for all. Online users who look forward to any business website, want the page to download within 2 seconds. If it takes a longer time to load your webpage, they may probably lose their interest in staying on your business website. To maintain the interest of the public and gain more & more users, you must develop a faster running company website.
Sometimes, the delay in the loading of the websites may be due to some technical error or issues with the computer. However, you can find solutions for any of the problems related to your PC on Techloris.com; they have the solutions to almost all computer errors.
Thus, are you looking forward to different ways of improving the speed of your website? Do you want to make it better and faster? Read the blog below to get relevant details.
Important Tricks to Make Your Website Run Faster
You can surely provide a faster web experience to your users if you keep the following tips in your mind.
You must have the efficient hosting for your website. You must opt for a professional hosting. Some of the points to consider while choosing your server are detailed as follows:
- Make use of ‘Expire Headers.’ It tells the browser if any of the queries from the user can be accessed from the browser cache or has to be requested from the source. It is often useful when a user reopens the website; it will load faster than the first time.
- The keep-alive feature should be enabled. It surely helps to increase the speed of your website by reducing the latency. The TCP connections stay alive, but this feature is not enabled by most of the hosting companies. This feature is not yet mandatory but treated as an optional feature. You must check while taking the hosting for your website.
- Gzip Support is vital for your website if you want your site to work at a faster speed. If you enable the Gzip Compression for your website, this feature reduces the time of response by 70%. Most of the sites to be specific 90% of the websites that have huge traffic make use of Gzip.
- CSS and Images:
- The image dimensions on your websites must be specified. You can do it by making use of height and width tags in <img> elements. Making use of specific image dimensions for the website helps to wrap non-replaceable elements. If you do not specify, the site will flow again after the image is downloaded.
- Make use of optimized images for your website. Unnecessary texts or colours for the image must not be entertained. The image must be saved in jpeg format. If you are making use of WordPress based websites, make sure you are using the WP Smush.it plugin.
- Website Content:
- You should make use of minimum redirects. It should be used only in case you do not have any other option. If you insert the URLs unnecessarily, it would require an additional request processing from an HTTP server which will cause the delay in working of the website.
- Avoid writing long codes and make use of shortcodes. Consider eliminating the white space, HTML comments and the unwanted empty elements. It will automatically reduce the latency and boost the speed by improving the response time.
- Broken URLs leads to several errors. Most common errors are error 404 and 410. You can avoid it by fixing the broken URL. There are many online link checker available for free over the web. Use these links to stay updated about the status of your website. You must pay added attention to the images on your site.
The most effective ways for improving the speed of your website are detailed in the write-up. Try to implement these tips and tricks to reduce the impact on your business due to the slow response of your site.