Nowadays, a smartphone is available to everyone, people are very easy to communicate and exchange information. In other words, the mobile phone is the best way to connect from one person to another. Currently, business companies can easily send data with one click through gmail and other emails, thereby they can easily communicate with their clients/customers/employees, etc. The smartphone has greatly simplified the transformation of a huge amount of data, now it can be easily transferred around the world. But therefore there is also a risk factor for all companies, and hacking is one of them. So,the organizations should work on security processes to preserve their data from malicious hackers.
IT security plays a paramount role to companies as mobile devices and cloud computing have changed the way people do business. With the vast amount of data stored and transmitted in networks around the world,it is important to have effective security practices. That’s where the CompTIA Security+ certification practice test and exam prep comes in to pass the exam. The main purpose of this credential is to demonstrate one’s skills in securing a network and detecting hackers.
CompTIA Security+ is a globally trusted certificate for confirming fundamental, vendor-independent knowledge and skills in IT security. The credential covers the basic principles of risk management and network security, making it an important step in the IT security career. It focuses on a secure management of the devices, applications, and networking. Apart from this, the certification also deals with following paths:
- Threat analysis
- Technique mitigation
- Risk Mitigations activities
CompTIA Security+ Exams: Overview
The Security+ certification is associated with two examinations SY0-401 (it will be withdrawal this year) and SY0-501. They both consist of 90 multiple-choice and performance-based questions that should be answered within 90 minutes. This means that you have one minute for each question. The passing score is 750 (the scale of 100-900). The prerequisites for these exams are the valid CompTIA Network+ credential along with 2 years of work experience as a IT Administrator (security focus) click to download!
Basically, the CompTIA Security+ exams will definitely help new students gain required knowledge to be able to install, configure, and secure their networks, devices, and applications, as well as perform threat analysis. After passing these examinations, the newcomers will easily maintain more principles of integrity, confidentiality and accessibility.
Successful candidates should also have the following knowledge and expertise:
- Identification of risk
- Participation in risk and mitigation activities
- Proving infrastructure
- Providing application, operational security, application, and information
- Identification of appropriated products and technologies
- Troubleshooting of security incidents and events
- Operating with an awareness of applicable laws and regulations
CompTIA Security+ Exams: Objectives
The objectives of the SY0-401 and SY0-501 exams can be best known accordingly through domains.
Configuring and installing systems in such a way as to secure the applications, devices and networks can be one the major objectives.
The objective of the exams is also to deal with the identification of network connectors or cables. The following domain covers all of the skills for the network mitigation task under the certification course.
- Mobile Devices
The CompTIA Security+ exam objectives are not only limited to hardware and networking, but also deal with the management of mobile devices.
In short, the objectives of the CompTIA certification exams are:
- Understand technical risks and mitigate them.
- Maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of decisive information that ensures network security.
- Operate under the established protocols and policies.
CompTIA Security+ Exams: Benefits
Although, now you are familiar with the exams and their objectives, do you know what the benefits of these certification examinations are?They include:
- You can get an opportunity to work with lasting foundations of IT sectors.
- Moreover, thousands of career opportunities you may get once certified.
- Also, you may get a chance of promotion and increase in payment in any IT firm.
- The certification course may benefit you with a strong resume.
- It may provide you with the excess credibility to get employed.
CompTIA Security+ Exams: Top Resources for Exam Preparation
- Exam Labs
- Tom’s IT Pro
CompTIA Security+ Exams: Guidefor a Successful Exam Passing
- Before start writing the exam, you should carefully read the given questions.
- Try to skip questions which do not make senses.
- Identify the keyword mentioned in the question.
- Pay attention to the vocabulary.
- Plan two answers to one question before writing.
- Try to make logical deductions.
- Might be several answers could come to your mind but you should always know which answer is wrong.
- Anticipate every answer as you read the question.
- Never leave any answer blank. If you are not able to solve any question then do one thing leave some space for it, and try to attempt the next one.You can come back to it after some time and attend that question later on if you have time but don`t waste extra time in just thing for the question that you aren`t able to get the answer.
- Do not try to change your answer at least you are sure that you aren’t wrong.
- If the answer is clear, then also don`t waste time in thinking that may you write or not. Just start writing the answer if you confirm of some question.