Image is everything in any business. For you to create an image, sometimes, you need images that are well done. Just like a picture is worth a thousand words, your blog should have that magnetic pull for your readers.
It is every blogger’s dream to have a site that attracts many readers. For this to happen, you must ensure that your blog reflects what you blog about. It is easy to attract readership if your blog captivates your readers with stunning imagery.
Why you should have Images on your Blog Site
Humans are visual beings. Whatever therefore appeals to our eyes will definitely sell. When you incorporate images into your blog, the number of views automatically increases. Research shows that the number of views increases if an image is used in a blog.
Including images in your blog posts breaks the monotony that words create. hence making it easy to read.
Use of images. especially where you are giving instructions, creates emphasis and therefore sends the point home.
Images help your Search Optimization Engine (SEO) in such a way that titles relating to your image pop up any time one searches the web.
Sites where you can Find Free Images
When you are just starting up a blog, you need to find free images to use for a start. It is, however, important to note that not all images online are free for use. There are different sites which you can get free images. They include:
- Burst by Shopify
- Unrestricted stock
- Microsoft office
- Morgue file
These are just but a few sites that you can find free images for your blog.
Factors to Consider Before Settling for a Site for Free Images Online
Different sites have different provisions, terms, and conditions. It is vital therefore to go to a site that provides a comprehensive provision for your needs.
- Capacity: Always go to a site that provides you with a large number of images that are put into classifications and are easy to find.
Quality: Everyone wants quality with what they are consuming. It goes without saying that image is everything. If you do not choose quality images for your blog, no one would give your posts a second glance. You must, therefore, identify a site that has good quality images.
- Specific: No one wants to have cliché images in their blog posts. As a rule of the thumb, therefore, when you go to a site to pick an image, ensure you are very specific in your search so that you settle for unique images.
- Download ability: Most sites do not give you the option for extensions which will make downloading from your end easy. Go to sites that are synchronized with Google Chrome to make downloading easy.
- Search feature: Every site has this feature. You should, therefore, opt for one that is very easy to use.
- Terms and conditions: Most people tend to ignore terms and conditions provided in sites. Ignoring them might lead to usage outside the terms which will put you in trouble with the developers of the sites. Make sure before you settle with a site, you have read and understood their terms and conditions and you have further applied them.
- Credit: It is only fair that you acknowledge the photographer who took the picture. Everyone deserves credit for the work they have put in. A reputable site encourages users of images to give credit to the photographers even if their images are licensed as “no attribution required”.
After you have identified the site you are going to pick the image from, the next step is to go the search icon where you have to put in your keyword. For the best results, you must be very specific. This will ensure that you do not end up choosing an image that has been overused and has, therefore, become a common sight on the internet. This will reduce your chances of your readers finding your post. Sometimes, you might be having a fresh idea or an amazing blog post, but when a reader searches and the monotonous image comes up, they will ignore your post.
In conclusion, it is vital that you attract readers with images which will increase views on your blog. Before you also settle for a site, you must consider the factors listed above.