Different companies have different requirements for their websites and therefore different features are added to those websites to make it interesting and help companies achieve their goals. For example, an e-commerce website will require the web designing company to include some inventory control feature in the website. Likewise, a CRM software selling company will have their specific needs. Regardless of all those special needs, one most important feature that every website needs today is “responsiveness”.
The increase in the use of Smartphone and tablets for browsing websites has made it compulsory for every website to have a mobile friendly and highly responsive website. Designing your website only for the desktop is not sufficient; today you need to make designs that suit mobile users and provide them a great user experience as well.
What is Responsive Website Design?
In responsive website design, designers design and code the website so that they provide the user with an optimal viewing experience. The website should be easy to read, navigate, scroll, resize and pan across a wide range of devices. The navigation layout, texts, images and other UI elements should readjust itself and look same on all devices, be it your desktop, laptop, Smartphone or tablet.
Advantages of Responsive Website Design
- Provides Excellent User Experience: The main advantage of having a highly responsive website design is that it can provide excellent user experience to customers irrespective of what device they are using to visit the website. A highly responsive WordPress web design can easily accommodate busy professionals, students or homemakers at anytime. People can easily access your website using their favorite device without making any adjustments whatsoever to view your website.
- Improves SEO Rating: SEO ratings are critical for any website. Responsive websites, according to Google, have better chances of being displayed in the first page in search engine results. Due to better user experience, websites with responsive design have more clicks and visitors compared to websites with non-responsive design. Also, responsive websites have a single URL for their mobile version compared to websites that have multiple URLs to support their desktop and mobile users.
- Future Scalability: A responsive website design allows you to handle future changes in screens and devices without any difficulty. Due to its fluid approach, easy to scale up/ down design, and easy to fit screen feature, the website automatically adjusts when a new device with different screen size hits the market.
- Cost Effective: Cost is an important factor when it comes to preparing a website. No company likes to spend a lot of money on creating two different websites to support their desktop and mobile users. By having a responsive website design, you can have just one website or URL to support both desktop users as well as mobile users. A responsive website design helps you save that extra money that you would have needed to pay for having two separate sites. A responsive site will ensure all users are directed to your website regardless of what device they are using, thereby improving your user count and overall business.
- Easy to Manage: According to experts, having a responsive website is easier to manage compared to having multiple websites for mobile and desktop users. The organization has to just concentrate on managing campaigns and SEO optimization for a single WordPress website.
- Google Recommended: Google, in their recent study, have recommended that the best industry practice is to have a responsive website. According to Google, users find it very easy to share websites that have one URL and hence are more popular among general users.
In today’s highly competitive world, it is important to keep your customers engaged. User experience is the key and therefore having a responsive website helps you to keep your customers happy and thereby increase your business.
This article is powered by www.bestmattress-brand.org