Creating a landing page that gives you high conversions is not something that everyone can do without some experience or training. So, to help make things easier, we’re going to explain the essentials of a high converting landing page. However, if you don’t have the patience or time to create a landing page yourself, you can always hire an SEO company to do it for you, such as Caseo.
Photo by Jay Chambers
1. Killer Headline
The headline is what makes or breaks your landing page. It is what grabs your audience’s attention and it is the most important element of your landing page.
Tips for a Great Headline:
- It should grab visitors’ attention.
- It needs to inform visitors about your product/service.
- It should be at least 10 words but no more than 20.
2. Convincing Subheading
Your subheading has to persuade your visitors to want to learn more. If it is just as killer as the headline, your landing page will receive more conversions. The subheading is the second most powerful part of your landing page.
Tips for a Great Subheading:
- It needs to be placed directly under the headline.
- It should convince readers to stay on your page.
- It should go into a few more details than revealed in the headline.
3. Share-worthy Photos
Visitors are going to be initially drawn to your photos over your text. In most cases, users will notice the photos before they notice the headline and subheading, so it’s vital that they are suitable and attention grabbing.
Tips for Great Photos:
- You need to use large photos.
- They need to be relevant to what you are advertising.
- They should grab the users’ attention.
- They should be high quality.
4. Have a Detailed Explanation
The majority of the visitors who arrive on your landing page are not going to know what you are advertising. So, you need to explain what your product/service is and why they need to purchase it from you. Remember, to get straight to the point and avoid writing more than you need to because your audience, more than likely, has a short attention span.
Tips for a Great Explanation:
- You can integrate your headline.
- You need to show visitors how they will benefit.
- Finish with a call to action.
5. Explain the Benefits
The chances are that someone else is selling what you are attempting to sell. Therefore, when it comes to highlighting the benefits of purchasing your product/service, you have to make sure that they are too good to pass up. Keep in mind, when users land on your page they are already thinking, “What makes this so different?” and “What is in it for me”.
Tips for Displaying Benefits Correctly:
- List the benefits in a bullet point list so visitors can easily scan through them
- Make sure the benefits focus on the users
If you want to create a landing page that has a high conversion rate, these are five essentials that you must make sure you cover. There are other things you need to do to boost your conversion rate too, however these five are enough for you to get sales coming in. Additionally, if you feel that you do not have the time or skills to create a landing page yourself if may be best to hire a professional to do it for you.