For the longest time, human capital has always been one of the most important assets of any company or service. Regarded as the key to achieving all kinds of business goals back in the day, it pretty much goes without saying that times have changed a great deal since then. Plus, gone are the days of the past where companies would offer one-time training programs just to help employees with the on-boarding process. However, with times constantly changing, it is no longer enough and a lot of services out there have begun to use continuous L&D programs for recruitment, retention and upskilling.
Be it the most up-to-date authoring tool for e-learning or anything else, the focus is on better quality training in totality. With a prevalent competitive and fierce global business environment, it is all up to you to equip your employees with the best skills so that they can perform well. Here, there are many needs to be solved, skill gaps to be filled and a plethora of resources to choose from as well. On that note, here are the top six L&D trends to follow:-
- Videos cutting down on the fancy element: Video has been quite the compelling training format for years now, but what has changed is the fact that video training has gotten a lot more to-the-point.
No more big and flashy costumes or hair, and in its place are direct shots with a much more digestive format. Apart from being more easily accessible on mobile devices and the like, there will be a higher interactive element in the videos as well.
- The rise of Artificial Intelligence solutions: Rising A.I solutions automatically means that it is a lot easier to afford than ever before, plus it is in the process of being used to understand the behaviour of the learner better.
Based on past behaviour, A.I. technology can take things several steps further by recommending content for the employee by predicting his specific training needs. In the new year, we can expect to see the progress of personalised paths and guidance happen in real-time, all thanks to technology.
- Focusing on the desk-less workers: For a large majority of the tech giants out there, their workforce consists of more than half of the workers without a dedicated computer or desk. However, the problem of them having limited to no access to training courses online will be fixed.
How will this problem be solved? By incorporating mobile training. Here, customisation will help a great deal since only the right program can match up to the unique set of skills and employee training needs. Plus, with the right amount of interactive training, desk-less workers can get down to solving problems in the real world.
- The reign of analytics: This should come as no surprise as they are indeed the building blocks of measuring the impact of training overall. With this in mind, the integration of learning with data diagnostic systems leads to the creation of meaningful and measurable data.
The ideal next step would be for you to use that data to assess the effectiveness and value of L&D trends, not just for the learner, but for the organisation as a whole.
- Making learning more accessible: Now how exactly does one go about doing that? By shunning the idea that one template is good enough for all your employees and instead, focusing on the provision of customised content.
The content should be relevant to their roles and fit their individual preference. That way, you will help close the skills gap, pave the way to organisational success as well as retain the top talent that you have.
- Proper communication and the rise of soft skills: It should come as no surprise to anyone out there that the business world is getting more and more globalised by the minute. To build a diverse and meaningful workplace culture, certain soft skills like collaboration, language skills negotiation and emotional intelligence are vital.
Another vital point to keep in mind is the fast and unprecedented rise of specific technologies such as automation, virtual and augmented reality as well as artificial intelligence are all set to take over the landscape.
Hence, merely good training is no longer enough, but, in fact, better quality training is more important than ever before. In that regard, the listed pointers above will certainly give you valuable insight into the planning process of choosing which trends to follow. For most newbies and experts alike, diving into the pool of new trends can be exhilarating and overwhelming as well. However, that is exactly what makes the process so much fun as you get a keen sense of how things work in the tumultuous global market.